Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 5...dealing

Today is Big D’s birthday. I realize as it’s been 5 days since we’ve spoken that I have a big time part in us staying in contact. So I’m working on being extra strong as to keep the contact null. I don’t want to want to call him and I know that time will lessen this feeling, so I just gotta push past it.

Happy Birthday Big D…I am thinking of you and I know I gotta keep it moving…our season has passed, we would both have to want something that I think I’m the only one that’s willing to work for it, so we can’t both want something and only one of us work on it…so duces…

In other news…I read an article today saying in essence that single women cannot think too highly of themselves in order to get a man. I totally disagree… I think that’s the lamest thing ever. I mean currently as I’m moving past this old relationship that I might put the two on the ten regarding my fabulousness, but I will never not say that I’m the ish, cause I’m not saying I’m the best, but I’m the best…LOL – true statement brought to us by Mary J. Blige.

But also in this article it asked ‘what are things that make you a desirable mate?’ I think that’s a good question, so I asked myself what makes me desirable…this is what I’ve come up with so far tonight (I’m working the graveyard by the way):

v I love God

v I am loyal, I have never cheated on anyone, if I am in a committed relationship with you, I will not cheat – will I look? Yes. Flirt? Yes. Talk to other men? Yes. Will I go out with the girls? Yes. I mean come on we live in a world of men and women, I work with men am I being friends with men, not most of them, but there are some men that are like girlfriends and yes they will be my friend just because of their gender I won’t not be friends with them, but most regular men? No I don’t see myself exchanging numbers with them or trying to be all buddy buddy with men just on the strength. But I do know men and we periodically talk because we’ve known each other a long time and yes their numbers are in my phone; and I’m talking about men that I’ve known since middle school or earlier. And just because me and the patna’s hit the town doesn’t mean we are out looking for men, I been single for the last two years and I been kicking it with these girls the whole time we are not doing it to meet men, I mean that is played and it doesn’t work, so I’m not going there. You can’t meet men when you’re with a crew of 7-15 girls and a man or two sprinkled in.

v I am trustworthy. I will not rip you off, you can trust me with your finances, your house, your car, your life…whatever I can do to help I will and I will not take advantage. I am not that girl

v I am truthful. I am not going to lie about where I’m at. I have no reason to; I’m grown take it or leave it.

v I am caring. I give everything in a relationship

v I am smart. I am a good sounding board for whatever you might be going through, I am business savvy and I do appreciate your knowing this.

v I am kind

v I work steadily

v I like to cook and will cook many days of the week.

So there’s the shortlist to my desirability. I know that I have just as many items that are not so desirable in my arsenal also, but we all do and it wouldn’t be settling for someone to appreciate these great things about me. I ask for the same in a mate. So I’m just about ready to get out there, but I want to make sure that I have a clear picture of what I’m looking for. I don’t want to get out there asking God for the wrong things, I need to make sure I’m asking for what’s right.

No comments:

Post a Comment